Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 - A Year in Review

As 2012 comes to a close, and we are on the cusp 2013, I’d like to take some time to reflect on the passing year and take a look at the one yet to come.
I had a truly blessed year. 
Some highlights:
1)      After years of talking about moving and doing something with our lives, Shawn and I took the leap and moved abroad to Australia.  It’s not something I ever imagined we’d actually do, and I can say honestly, it was one of the best decisions of my life.  And although I miss everyone from back home, I wouldn’t change this for anything.
2)      After several months of interviews and waiting, I was offered an amazing job.  It’s not ever something I thought I’d be doing, but it combines everything I love and I’m so happy to be able to do what I do. Even my first temp job here was great, and it was nice to see how the other side of the world does business.  (It is also pleasant to not be a constant ball of stress and anxiety.)
3)      Shawn and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary.  Though it seems silly to start back at one when we were at 6, it was nice to reflect on our first year being married. (which is remarkably similar to not being married, FYI)
4)      I really did get to snuggle a crap load of animals this year.  And had some amazing animal experiences!
5)      We had some great guests this year!  From our first guest Alyssa, to our last Barry & Jesalyn and everyone in between (The Sponheimer and Cinderkins!), I had a wonderful time showing everyone around my temporary home and I hope you did too.
6)      I’ve gotten to do so much traveling, around Victoria, to the nations capital Canberra, to Sydney and to the Sunshine Coast, Australia is a diverse and wonderful place!
7)      I’ve loved adding new people in our lives to those who have been around forever.  It’s nice having such a supportive group of friends and family both near and far!
8)      I kicked butt in school this year.  Three A’s and 1 B (in stats…but hey, that’s PRETTY DARNED GOOD!)  I’m glad I made the decision to go back for my masters and glad I chose GWU to do it with.
9)      Thanks to my commute, I read A LOT this year.  It’s really a highlight, because I haven’t been able to do that much these past few years and it’s nice to get back into it.
In 2013 we hope to travel more (our wishlist: More Aussie Travel, including the Great Barrier Reef, the Outback, and maybe even WA, New Zealand, Thailand and hopefully, back to Japan for Tokyo Disney, Mt. Fuji and Hotsprings!), to keep being awesome at school (someone’s set to graduate!), and to keep having as much fun as we possibly can, doing things we’d never thought we would.  Oh! And naturally to complete my Aussie Animal Bingo Card. 
I hope I’m as lucky in 2013 as I’ve been in 2012, and it’s my wish that you all have an amazing new year, that will bring you joy, love, happiness and continued awesomeness. 

Here’s to a prosperous 2013!
Hugs and Kisses to all!  I love you bunches!
xoxo,
Devon

No comments:

Post a Comment